Sunday, February 3, 2013

Long day yesterday.  I drove 730 miles to pick up an engine for the Chris Craft i am restoring. Its a modern engine PCM. Low hours, pretty much brand new. The snow made that drive take longer than it should have taken, we had about 6 in on the roads when we started out at 3:30 AM the snow got lighter as we went south but the drivers got worse. seems that they dont get that much snow in southern Ohio so they are unaccustomed to 2 inches they had on the road. All in all we made it and the motor looks great. I need to thank Jeremy at the Antique Boat Center for helping me get it loaded and for showing us around.

I want to put this in here for fun.  this is the first boat i ever built.  It was a fun project when i was building it but its hard to look at now. I have learned so much in the last 10 years, I am sure that my current clients are thankful.
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/mcleodcarpentry/Boats/IMG00078-20100327-1513.jpg
this boat is a cedar strip canoe, i think of it more as a kayak without decks. Its great for cruising skinny water. easy to pick up and over logs or any thing that blocks the waterway.  one thing that i dont like is that without chines she is too tipsy for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment